|Athanasios Fevgas, ETEP Member|
|Bachelor||Information Engineering, Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece|
|MSc||Computer and Communication engineering, University of Thessally,Greece|
|Office Hours||Monday - Friday 09:00 - 12:00|
|Tel.||+30 24210 74965|
|Fax||+30 24210 74997|
Mr. Athanasios Fevgas is systems administrator at the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering of the University of Thessaly, Greece, since 2002.
He is PhD candidate at the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering Department of the University of Thessaly. He has a Degree in Information Engineering from the Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece and a Masters Degree from the Department of Computer & Communication Engineering of the University of Thessaly.
He is IEEE student member. He has been participated in research projects run by the Center for Research and Technology, Thessaly (CERETETH) and the University of Thessaly.
His research interests include algorithms and data structures for non-volatile memories, database indexing, machine learning and out-of-core direct solvers for sparse matrices.
- A. Fevgas and P. Bozanis, “LB-Grid: An SSD Efficient Grid File. Data & Knowledge Engineering”, vol. 121, pp. 18-41, 2019.
- A. Fevgas, and P. Bozanis, “A Spatial Index for Hybrid Storage”. In Proc. of the 23rd International Database Engineering & Applications Symposium (IDEAS 2019), Athens, Greece, 2019.
- A. Fevgas, L. Akritidis, M. Alamaniotis, P. Tsompanopoulou, and P. Bozanis, “A Study of R-Tree Performance in Hybrid Flash/3DXPoint Storage”, 10th Int. Conf. on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications (IISA 2019), Rion-Patra, Greece, July 15-17, 2019.
- G. Roumelis, A. Fevgas, M. Vassilakopoulos, A. Corral, P. Bozanis, and Y. Manolopoulos “Bulk-loading and Bulk-Insertion Algorithms for xBR+-trees in Solid State Drives”, Computing Journal, Springer, pp. 1-25, 2019.
- L. Akritidis, A. Fevgas, M. Alamaniotis, and P. Bozanis, “A Self-Pruning Classification Model for News”, 10th Int. Conf. on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications (IISA 2019), Rion-Patra, Greece, July 15-17, 2019.
- L. Akritidis, A. Fevgas, P. Tsompanopoulou, P. Bozanis, “Investigating the Efficiency of Machine Learning Algorithms on MapReduce Clusters with SSDs”, 2018 IEEE 30th International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI) (pp. 1018-1025), IEEE.
- L. Akritidis, A. Fevgas, P. Bozanis. "Effective Products Categorization with Importance Scores and Morphological Analysis of the Titles." 2018 IEEE 30th International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI). IEEE, 2018.
- G. Roumelis, M. Vassilakopoulos, A Corral, A. Fevgas, Y. Manolopoulos, “Spatial Batch-Queries Processing Using xBR+-trees in Solid-State Drives”, MEDI 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11163. Springer.
- L. Akritidis, Leonidas, P. Bozanis, A. Fevgas. "Supervised Papers Classification on Large-Scale High-Dimensional Data with Apache Spark." 2018 IEEE 4th Intl Conf on Big Data Intelligence and Computing (DataCom). IEEE, 2018.
- F. Belligianni, M. Alamaniotis, A. Fevgas, P. Tsompanopoulou, P. Bozanis, L.H. Tsoukalas, "An Internet of Things Architecture for Preserving Privacy of Energy Consumption," 10th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Energy Conversion (Med Power 2016), Belgrade, Serbia, November 6-9, 2016.
- M. Alamaniotis, L. H. Tsoukalas, A. Fevgas, P. Tsompanopoulou, P. Bozanis, "Multiobjective Unfolding of Shared Power Consumption Pattern using Genetic Algorithm for Estimating Individual Usage in Smart Cities", 27th International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, Vietri Sul Mare, Italy, Nov. 2015
- A. Fevgas, and P. Bozanis, "Grid-File: Towards to a Flash Efficient Multi-dimensional Index." In Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA '15), pp. 285-294. Springer International Publishing, 2015, Sept 01-04, Valencia Spain.
- A. Fevgas, K. Daloukas, P. Tsompanopoulou, and P. Bozanis, "A Study of Sparse Matrix Methods on New Hardware: Advances and Challenges", International Journal of Monitoring and Surveillance Technologies Research (IJMSTR), IGI GLOBAL, 3(3), pp.1-19, 2015.
- A. Fevgas, K. Daloukas, P. Tsompanopoulou, & P. Bozanis, "Efficient Solution of Large Sparse Linear Systems in Modern Hardware", IISA 2015, 6th International Conference on Information, Intelligence, systems and Applications: Jul 06-08 2015, Corfu, Greece.
- Ι. S. Vlachos, M. D. Paraskevopoulou, D. Karagkouni, G. Georgakilas, T. Vergoulis, I. Kanellos, I. L. Anastasopoulos, S. Maniou, K. Karathanou, D. Kalfakakou, A. Fevgas, T. Dalamagas, A. G. Hatzigeorgiou, “DIANA-TarBase v7. 0: indexing more than half a million experimentally supported miRNA: mRNA interactions” Nucleic acids research, 43(D1), pp. D153-D159, 2015.
- G. Georgakilas, I. S. Vlachos, K. Zagganas, K., Vergoulis, T., Paraskevopoulou, M.D., Kanellos, I., Tsanakas, P., Dellis, D., Fevgas, A., Dalamagas, T. and Hatzigeorgiou, A.G., “DIANA-miRGen v3. 0: accurate characterization of microRNA promoters and their regulators”, Nucleic acids research, 2015.
- Athanasios Fevgas, Panagiota Tsompanopoulou, Panayiotis Bozanis, "Exploring the Performance of Out-of-Core Linear Algebra Algorithms in Flash based Storage", 6th International Conference on Numerical Analysis (NumAn 2014), 02-05 Sep 2014, Chania, Crete, Greece. (pdf)
- A. Fevgas, N. Fraggogiannis, P. Tsompanopoulou and P. Bozanis "The iMuse Virtual Museum: towards a cultural education platform", IISA 2014, 07-09 Jul 2014, Chania, Crete, Greece. (pdf)
- A. Fevgas, P. Tsompanopoulou, and P. Bozanis, «iMuse Mobile Tour: A Personalized Multimedia Museum Guide Opens to Groups», 16th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC), pp 971-975, June 28 – July 1, 2011, Corfu, Greece. (pdf)
- C. Ilioudis, A. Fevgas, K. Theodorou, K. Malizos, Z. Daliana, «An innovative e-health network for collaboration on emergency cases» Information Technology and Applications in Biomedicine (ITAB), 2010 10th IEEE International Conference on, pp.1-4., Nov 2010, Corfu, Greece. (pdf)
- Athanasios Fevgas, Panagiota Tsompanopoulou, Apostolos Tsiovoulos, Giorgos Drasidis, Panayiotis Bozanis, «Utilizing UHF RFIDs to Enhance Museum Visiting Experience», 14th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics (PCI), pp 16-20, Sep 2010, Tripoli, Greece. (pdf)
- S. Bibi, P. Tsompanopoulou, A. Fevgas, N. Fraggogiannis, A. Martini, A.Zaharis, P. Bozanis, «A platform for delivering multimedia presentations on cultural heritage», 14th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics (PCI), pp 175-179, Sep 2010, Tripoli, Greece. (pdf)
- A. Fevgas, P. Tsompanopoulou and S. Lalis, «Rapid Prototype Development for Studying Human Activity», in Proc IFMBE, XII MEDICON, May 2010, Chalkidiki, Greece, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Vol. 29, pp 643-646. (pdf)
Athanasios Fevgas is PhD candidate at the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering of the University of Thessaly, Greece. His Thesis subject is «Data structuring techniques for non-volatile memories». He works under the suvervision of Prof. Panayiotis Bozanis.
Advanced mathematical methods and software platform for solving multiphysics, multidomain problems on modern computer architectures: applications to environmental engineering and medical problems.
Continuous Transistor Sizing Toolset for nanoscale IC optimization.
iMuse a virtual Museum over a sensors web
iMuse project exploited the recent advances in web and RFIDs to create a new model of a virtual museum. Three new services were developed for museum visitors.The project is deployed at Archeological Museum of Volos, Greece.
Extremity Care – Study of the application and development of tele-medicine system
Main objective of the project was the development of a telemedical system for better support and faster management of amputation cases in the extremities,in patients who can possibly be transferred to the University Hospital of Larissa.
ThessalyTex – Design and architecture of an e-textile platform
A platform for rapid prototyping of e-textile applications, that monitor human activities, was introduced. The platform comprises a toolbox named MoDA for studying human motion data and a hardware infrastructure for building e-textiles.