|Subject Area||Software and Information System Engineering|
|Semester||Semester 6 – Spring|
- Communication protocols.
- Reliable data transfer.
- Remote procedure call.
- Remote objects.
- Mobile code.
- Multicasting, publish-subscribe communication.
- Group communication with message delivery in FIFO, causal and total order.
- Distributed directory and file systems.
- Physical and logical clocks.
- Consistent monitoring, consistent global states.
- Algorithms for mutual exclusion, elections.
- Algorithms for deadlock detection, termination.
- Fault tolerance with restarts/rollbacks and replication.
- Distributed consensus/agreement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic problems of distributed systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic communication abstractions and mechanisms in distributed systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic distributed algorithms.
- Application of the above in practice.