|Subject Area||Software and Information System Engineering|
|Semester||Semester 2 – Spring|
- The role of the operating system, system calls.
- File system functions.
- The concept of processes.
- Creating and destroying processes.
- File descriptors, input/output, and I/O redirection.
- Message queues.
- Shared memory regions.
- File locking.
- Understanding of the role of the operating system.
- Understanding of how software is layered in a computer.
- Understanding of how programs are executed concurrently on a computer.
- Knowledge of the process creation/control functions, the file system functions, and the interprocess communication mechanisms, and elementary understanding of how this functionality is implemented by the operating system.
- Application/usage of the above functions at a practical level.