|Subject Area||Applications and Foundations of Computer Science|
|Semester||Semester 2 – Spring|
- Logic and Proof.
- Development Functions.
- Integers and Division.
- Export mathematical conclusions, Induction and Recurrency.
The course is a basic introduction course in discrete mathematics concepts of objects and their relationships .
This course aims to introduce students to the basic concepts of mathematical structures that are fundamentally discrete . The objects studied in discrete mathematics – such as integers , graphs , proposals of logic, recurrence relations – are the basis for the study and description of objects and problems in computer science and specifically in computing algorithms , programming languages , cryptography , in automated theorem proving and software development.
Upon successful completion of this course the student / she will be able to :
- Understood the basic concepts of discrete mathematics.
- Has knowledge of methods and techniques of Logic , Proof , Numbering , Relations and graphs.
- Is able to apply these methods to solve algorithmic problems .
- He/she have learned to develop mathematical reasoning .
- Has learned to draw mathematical conclusions .