|Semester||Semester 7 – Fall|
- High Voltage Generation: Test Transformers, High Voltage DC Generators, Impulse generators.
- High Voltage Measurement: Electrostatic Voltmeter, BSphere Gaps, Voltage dividers.
- Dielectric stresses: Atmospheric overvoltages, Dynamic overvoltages, Switching Overvoltages.
- Insulations: Insulating gases, Liquid insulators, Solid insulators
- Electrical breakdown of gases: Breakdown on homogeneous and inhomogeneous field.
- Behavior of air and SF6.
- Design of transmission line insulation. Transmission line insulation coordination.
- To introduce the students to the high voltage science and engineering related to transmission networks.
- The course provides students with basic knowledge of High Voltage Engineering Trends related to electricity transmission networks.
- It demonstrates the role of network insulation, analyzing their behavior of various insulating materials under the influence of various dielectric stresses occurring during operation of an electrical system and introduces methods of designing the overhead transmission network insulation.
- In addition, the student will be familiar with high – voltage generation and measuring devices, processes for measuring dielectric strength of air in homogeneous and non-homogeneous field, testing and controlling the resistance of liquid insulators.