|Semester||Semester 8 – Spring|
Topics covered include industrial sensors and actuators, electrical – pneumatic – hydraulic automation systems, Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) controller design, Ziegler-Nichols method, industrial applications, digital control, modern control methods, adaptive control.
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), programming languages, communication between PLC and computers, PLC applications.
PLC programming techniques, System design with digital and analog Ι/Ο, control of stepper motors with PLC, control of analog systems and servomechanisms with PLC. P-I-D control with PLC. Design and implementation of complex electric automations.
Pneumatic components (cylinders, valves, sensors, converters, logic gates, etc.), analysis and composition of pneumatic automation systems, electric drive of pneumatic components, analysis, composition and implementation of electropneumatic automation systems, electropneumatic automation systems with PLC.
Industrial communication networks (Profibus, Modbus, Ethernet, ASi, Profinet, κ.λπ.), PLC networking, PLC networks control via computer, PLC monitoring via Internet.
Introduction to Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), SCADA software (InTouch, WinCC, RSView 32 κ.α.). SCADA systems with use of PLC, SCADA applications.
The course intends to provide the students with the basic design techniques of industrial controllers focusing on PID controllers and their optimization by use of the methods Ziegler-Nichols and Cohen-Coon, the theoretical and practical knowledge on PLC programming, the analysis and composition of electropneumatic automation systems, PLC networking, SCADA systems and practicing with Industrial Automatic Control tutorials.
By the end of the course the students will be able to:
- describe and distinct the PID controllers terms.
- optimize the parameters P, I and D, by use of methods, such as Ziegler-Nichols and Cohen Coon.
- know the basic function principles and the structure of PLCs
- select the appropriate components for each automation system
- program PLCs (STL, LADDER, FBD)
- design and implement complex automation systems and automations applied in the industry
- analyze and implement electropneumatic automation systems
- connect PLCs in order to exchange data and control them via computer or Internet
- analyze and implement simple SCADA systems
- work in industrial environment