|Semester||Semester 9 – Fall|
- E/M theory overview
- Electromagnetic waves (polarization, transmission and reflection).
- Propagation of electromagnetic wave in a transmission line.
- Reflection and transmission.
- Smith chart.
- Transverse (TEM) electromagnetic waves.
- Waveguides (rectangular and circular). Microfilm. Coherent cavities. Microwave elements. Microwave circuits.
The main objective of this course is to introduce the students to phenomena of electromagnetic radiation and propagation through microwaves both through quantitative and qualitative methods.
After successfully completing the course the student will be in a position to:
- Aplly E/M theory tools to understand and estimate the behavior of E/M propagation in waveguides
- Understand the E/M radiation in microwave frequencies and the respective hardware implementations
- Understand the Smith chart
The previous learning outcomes will be evaluated through problems that will be solved by the students (homework), but also through the final exams.